- How to Get an Affordable and Powerful 32 Thread Xeon Beast
- 5 Things You Need to Know To Get Your Best Value VR Gaming System
- How to Wire a Dell C6220 3 Node Server to Make a 4 Node Server and Vice Versa
- How to Wipe the Config on LB6M and LB8 Quanta Switches
- How to Update Dell PowerEdge C6220 BIOS, ME and BMC
How to Wipe the Config on LB6M and LB8 Quanta Switches
Wiping the config setting to get the Quanta Switches back to default is
rather easy if you have experience with Putty. If not, it is still a
fairly simple task.
To start off get a computer with a serial port, whether it be a USB->Serial or a built in.
-Open a terminal emulator of your choice. I used Putty.
-Plug the console cable into the console port on the Quanta Switch and to your serial port.
-In your term software select to connect to the serial port on whatever COM it is using.
-Once you click open you will see what looks like a blank command prompt.
-During the bootup you have a chance to interrupt normal bootup and you are given two choices.
-The first option boots the OS.
-The second lets you into the utility menu.
-Press 2 at the prompt.
-The menu you get has several options. One is to "Erase Current Configuration."
-This is handy in case you forgot your password, or break something you can't fix.
-After you select that it erases the configuration with a user|pass of admin|blank
-You can then use the reboot option to get into the switch setting as an admin.
I hope that helps with your quanta switch configuration.